The Campaign for Pediatric Nursing
Promote awareness of the pediatric specialty to students, educators, and the public! More pediatric nurses and advanced practice nurses mean more children and adolescents receive specialized care across all settings, Children are unique—they aren't little adults. Pediatric nurses need to be accessible where youth live, learn, play, and grow.
Whether you're a nurse, nursing student, faculty, career counselor, STEM teacher, vocational instructor, or community leader, take advantage of our free support:
- Kick-Start Your Pediatric Nursing Career encourages undergraduate nursing students and high school students to choose pediatric nursing.
- One Letter Makes a Huge Difference specifically promotes pediatric nurse practitioner (PNP) careers. PNPs have specialized education to support child health.
- Who Are Your Child's Pediatric Nursing Experts? demystifies RN, PNP, and CNS roles for parents and caregivers.
- What's Your Superpower? and Why You Should Consider Being a Pediatric Nurse are free infographic posters to display wherever children and teens are, especially in the middle and high school age range.
If you identify as an ambassador for our profession, the IPN's talking tools will help you draw attention to pediatric nursing and why it's a great career choice. We hope the posters are proudly displayed and stimulate conversations and career planning.
- IPN Chair Karin Reuter-Rice, PhD, CPNP-AC, FCCM, FAAN
Campaign resources can generate and sustain interest especially in an era of decreased pediatric content in undergraduate programs and competition for pediatric clinical experiences.
Posters offer a wide range of cultural diversity, age ranges, and complex health needs. Men in nursing, LGBTQ youth, and family-centered care are represented as well as choosing a pediatric nurse practitioner career.
Complimentary resources from the Campaign include:
- Posters and buttons
- A quiz to find your future in pediatric nursing
- Tips to start a student pediatric nursing association
- Journal club kit
- Ideas for involving local nurses and parents/caregivers
- Ideas for innovative clinical experiences
- Residency program locator
- Choose PNP: One Letter Makes a Huge Difference
- Who Are Your Child's Pediatric Nursing Experts? A Guide for Parents & Caregivers