Men in Pediatric Nursing
Only about 10% of nurses are male. Even fewer work in the pediatric specialty:
- Fewer than 2% of the 30,000+ Certified Pediatric Nurses in the U.S. are male.
- A little more than 2% of 18,000+ Pediatric Nurse Practitioners in the U.S. and Canada are male.
We need more men in pediatrics! Here's how you can help:
- Download IPN's posters (pictured below) and display them for students.
- Share information about American Assembly of Men in Nursing (AAMN) scholarships.
- Explore AAMN resources promoting nursing careers.
Watch and share this in-depth video interviewing men in pediatric nursing at Duke University. They discuss their career paths, the rewards of working as a pediatric nurse, and much more. Thank you to the Duke Chapter of the American Assembly of Men in Nursing for recording this event!